Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ulta Haul


 I picked up a few things from Ulta that I'd like to share with you guys. Me being the hair nerd that I am, most of the things I got are for my hair. I try to keep my hair really healthy and take good care of it, especially since I dye the crap out of it.

1. Redken diamond oil shampoo and conditioner: I picked these up mostly because I was trained with Redken in my cosmetology school, but for some reason we never carried the diamond oil line. It's probably because it's a newer Redken product. The shampoo and conditioner are described as perfect for dry and damaged hair. They're formulated with oil for extra hydration. I tried these on my hair and I have to say I really like them! The smell was really nice, and my hair was really soft afterwards.

2. AG "the oil" extra virgin argan miracle hair oil: Well, the name is kinda a mouth full... but the oil itself is great. I love using oils on my hair. Anything that's going to moisturize my hair and make it shine is my thing. This oil also has a great scent. It's moisturizing without being greasy, which is very important for my hair. My hair can get greasy easily if I use the wrong products.

3. Not Your Mothers Beach Babe texturizing hair cream: Pomades, creams, and pastes are all great for someone with short hair. I picked up this texture cream to try. It smells like coconuts and it's super light. It doesn't have much hold, but I think it could be used well as a primer for texture, applied to hair while still damp, then styled.

4. Tweezerman tweezers: Basically I just picked these up because I needed a new pair. Tweezerman makes the best tweezers out there.

5. butter London nail polishes: I chose two in the shades Scouse and The Black Knight. They both reminded me of winter... dark, cool hues throughtout...
Scouse is a shimmery royal blue/purple. Depending on the lighting, it changes from blue to purple and back to blue again. The Black Knight is the one I tried first. It has a grey base color with pink and blue glitters mixed throughout. I could see this color being used as a perfect holiday party nail color. Both colors are very festive and perfect for the upcoming holidays. Another thing to note here is that butter London uses no Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP in their polishes, making them a healthier choice for those concerned with carcinogens.


No comments:

Post a Comment