Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Purple Hair!

My hair is purple! Not just purple purple...but, PURPLE. Like, SUPER PURPLE. I love it. No, that's an understatement. I'm in love with it. Bless the hair color gods!
 
So, you wanna know how I did it?
 
No bleach, permanent color, lightening, or damaging dye was used at all to achieve this.
 
Before the purple, my hair was bright orange, pink, and purple. You can see it in my previous posts. My roots had grown out about an inch, so I had an inch of dark brown roots, and then the other colors.
 
Basically, I had to lighten those colors before adding the dark purple to ensure that it didn't end up looking muddy. There are lots of ways to lighten semi permanent hair color without using bleach. Mostly just washing it a lot will cause the color to fade quite a bit. You can also mix a paste of baking soda and warm water and put it in your hair. Let the mixture sit for quite a bit to allow it to pull as much color from your hair as possible.
 
After your old hair color has faded, you can add the new color over it. This only works well if the new color is darker than the previous color. In this case of course, my purple was much, much darker than the previous colors I had. The second color has to be dark enough to cover whatever was left over from the washing/baking soda.
 
Also, make sure you condition the crap out of your hair after rinsing the new dye out to ensure that you keep the integrity and health of your hair.
 
Oh, and in case you were wondering, yes, my roots are technically still there. When I put the purple in my hair, it tinted my brown hair purple as well. No bleach needed here!
 
*makeup deets below*
 
 
Makeup:
 
*Tarte tinted moisturizer
*Anastasia dip brow in Chocolate
*Nars matte lip pencil in Cruella
*Tarte mascara
*Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for eyeshadows
*Urban Decay liquid sparkly eyeliner for inner tear duct
*Sephora Collection blush
*Becca pressed highlighter in Opal (MY FAVORITE)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment