Monday, February 16, 2015

Places to Check Out: Vasquez Rocks and Agua Dulce

I had a great time hiking, climbing, caving, and exploring in the Vasquez Rocks today. 

The Vasquez Rocks are part of a wilderness park a bit north of Los Angeles. Many movies and TV shows have been filmed there for decades. 

The park includes hiking trails, wonderful rock formations, caves, rock climbing opportunities, old house/town ruins, Native American pictographs, and a visitor's center.


You better believe I got all up in dem caves. I love the outdoors. I love hiking, caving, and rock climbing... this was definitely a great place to go.


In the above picture you can see some of the Tataviam Native American pictographs located on site. On the far right is some kind of bird, and on the far left- a snake.




 

  I was so mesmerized by all of these pictographs. I love anything relating to or concerning history and culture. Let me tell you, this place was FULL of all that and more. I am seriously so happy with the time I had today.


I took the above two pictures to try and show you what the landscape looks like up close. I took these from the top of some of the rock formations. Of course, it is much more breath-taking in person.

I am hoping I can do a photoshoot in this area soon. Everything about it inspired me artistically and revived me culturally. 

BKL 

No comments:

Post a Comment