Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Glam

Finally Halloween is here! Today I wanted to post about the makeup I did. It's not for a costume per se, but it's great either way. Definitely a bit dark and glamorous.

I paired a smokey people eye with a matte lip, which if not done carefully, can be too heavy. Usually you'll want to stick with heavy colors only on either eyes OR lips, but in this case, it's Halloween! Halloween is the day to break rules. (Especially the rules of what society deems acceptable or not. ) **DISCLAIMER: I said rules not laws.

Alrighty then. Let's get into makeup.

My face is a mixture of Becca foundation and Bobbi Brown, mostly because the shade I have in Becca is too light for me. I used the Bobbi to warm it up a little. I set my foundation with Laura Mercier translucent powder. I then added Sephora Collection blush in a nice berry color (perfect for fall) and contoured my face with a bronzer. The next step is one of my favorites because I'm a makeup nerd. I used my Becca pressed highlighter in Opal to highlight the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, anywhere I wanted to gleam... which in this case was a lot of places.

I used Anastasia dip brow in chocolate for my brows.

Eyes: The eyeshadow I used comes from all sorts of brands etc. I have a purple and mauve color on my lids, blending out to a smokey gray. I lined my eyes with black pencil eyeliner and applied falsies and UD mascara.

My lips are Nars matte lip pencil in Cruella, my favorite. 

I hope this was helpful! Please feel free to always ask any questions you may have.


Spooky blessings,

BKL


No comments:

Post a Comment