Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Places to Check Out: VeggieGrill


I finally got a chance to check out VeggieGrill! 

I was running some errands in Hollywood earlier today and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try VeggieGrill, especially since there was one close by and I've always wanted to try it. 

VeggieGrill is a 100% vegan restaurant. 

They are actually a chain of restaurants. There are quite a few in the Los Angeles area, which makes sense to me because there is such a high volume of vegetarians and vegans living here.

So, here is my experience:

The style of the restaurant is very similar to the layout of a Chipotle. The three main differences being that VeggieGrill is fully vegan, they don't assemble the food in front of you like Chipotle does, and VeggieGrill has a wider variety of foods. They have some Mexican food...as well as American, Italian, rustic dishes etc. 

I looked at the menu while I waited in line. After taking quite a while to choose what I wanted to eat, I decided upon the "Crispy Chickin Plate". It goes without saying that the "chickin" was not really chicken. The entree was supposed to be the vegan version of a country plate of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, and greens.

The fried chicken is replaced with vegan chicken, the mashed potatoes are a healthy combination of potato and cauliflower, the gravy is a mushroom gravy, and the greens are kale!

All in all I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved my meal. My only complaint would probably have to be that it was just a little bland. It was also a TON of food! I didn't finish it and took the rest home to eat later.

Have you guys tried any vegan/vegetarian restaurants? Let me know if you try VeggieGrill and what you thought!

BKL















 

No comments:

Post a Comment